As U.S. consumers, we trust that the food, medications, medical devices, toys, tools, vehicles and other products we purchase are safe to use. Product manufacturers, suppliers and retailers have a legal duty to produce, market and distribute products that are safe for consumers.
Yet many companies continue to take shortcuts on safety to boost profits, causing thousands of serious, often life-threatening injuries every year.
Victims injured by product defects may struggle to pay medical expenses amidst missed work and pain and suffering.
If you have been injured by a defective product or item that had insufficient warnings of user risks, our Williams Attorneys PLLC Texas product liability lawyers work hard to help you collect maximum financial compensation and hold the wrongdoer accountable for their actions.
These cases are not easy. Product designers, manufacturers and retailers have deep pockets and can afford the best legal defense teams in the nation. To succeed in a product liability claim, injured parties need an experienced, dedicated legal team with the investigative resources needed to uncover the company’s wrongdoing.
The Williams Attorneys PLLC Product Liability Law Firm fights for consumers who have been injured by unsafe products.
With three decades of experience securing compensation for injured families across South Texas and North Dakota, our Corpus Christi-based product liability lawyers represent clients located in Houston, Beaumont, Austin, Galveston, Victoria, San Antonio and other cities in Harris, Bexar, Nueces, Jefferson and Travis counties in Texas and across North Dakota.
To find out more about your Texas product liability claim, contact Williams Attorneys PLLC today for a free, confidential case evaluation.
What Is Considered a Defective or Dangerous Product?
At Williams Attorneys PLLC, our South Texas Product Liability Lawyers represent clients with product liability claims for all types of products, including:
- Cancer-causing products (Roundup weed killer, talc baby powder)
- Dangerous household appliances (gas fireplaces, ovens, stoves, microwaves, refrigerators, furnaces, water heaters)
- Dangerous prescription drugs
- Dangerous sports equipment (helmets, guards)
- Dangerous toys (sharp objects, choking hazards, weight bearing toys)
- Defective auto parts (brakes, electronic sensors, air bags, seat belts)
- Defective guardrails, park structures, boating docks
- Defective medical devices (pacemakers, stents, implants, surgical mesh, prosthetics)
- Defective power tools (drills, chainsaws, mowers, nail guns, pressure washers)
- Defective safety gear (gas masks, respirators, eye protection goggles, hard hats)
- Defective vehicles (cars, trucks, tractors, forklifts, motorcycles)
- Defective weapons (guns, tasers, crossbows)
- Food poisoning
- Foodborne illness
- Unsafe over the counter medications (pain relievers, vitamins, supplements)
- Unsafe recreational equipment (bicycles, scooters, skateboards, hoverboards)
Each of these products may have caused injury due to one or more defect types, including:
- Design Defects: The product’s design makes it unsafe for anyone to use.
- Manufacturing Defects: The product’s design is safe, but certain mistakes were made during manufacture of one or more batches of the product that make it unsafe.
- Marketing Defects: The seller makes false claims about the product’s safety or how the product should be used.
- Failure to Warn: Warning labels and instructions are not visible or do not include all potential, foreseeable risks the consumer should be aware of and how to avoid those risks.
- Repair Defects: The product comes back from repair or recall unrepaired or with additional dangerous flaws.
If you have been injured by a defective product, life can quickly become overwhelming. Filing a product liability lawsuit may be the least of your concerns.
At Williams Attorneys PLLC, you can trust our South Texas Product Liability Lawyers to handle all aspects of your claim, minimizing as many legal stressors as possible while maximizing your chances for success.
Contact Williams Attorneys PLLC today for a free, confidential case evaluation.
What Types of Product Liability Claims Are Available?
Not every product-related injury qualifies for a product liability claim. A successful product liability lawsuit must show that a company’s actions or inaction caused your injury.
There are four general ways that a company may be at fault for your injuries:
If a product designer, manufacturer or retailer foresees a potential risk of consumer injury, then does not take careful action to alleviate that risk, the company may be found liable for your injuries.
If a company uses false advertising or makes false claims about the product and its potential uses, causing you to be unaware of potential dangers or use the product improperly, the company may be found liable for your injuries.
Under the Consumer Protection Act, a company may be held liable for injury or wrongful death caused by a proven product defect, regardless of any care taken to minimize the risk.
Breach of Warranty
When a warranty lists a product’s safe age range, expiration date, or durability level, and the product causes injury within that range, the company may be held liable.
Our Williams Attorneys PLLC Texas and North Dakota Defective Products Lawyers can help you determine whether you have a valid product liability claim.
Should you choose to proceed with a claim, our team of investigators will help gather all necessary evidence required to collect the maximum possible financial compensation.
Contact us today for a free, confidential case evaluation.
What Damages Can I Recover in a Texas Product Liability Claim?
Injuries due to product defects can be devastating. Your trust as a consumer is broken, you may lose income from missed work, you may have significant medical bills.
Because of these setbacks, products liability law enables injured consumers to collect a full and fair amount of compensation that will effectively make you “whole,” as you were before you were injured.
Our experienced Williams Attorneys PLLC Product Liability lawyers are committed to securing the maximum possible compensation for your injuries, including:
- Current and future medical bills
- Lost wages
- Estimated future lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Related transportation costs
- Damaged property repair costs
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium / companionship
- Funeral expenses
- Punitive damages
The experienced lawyers at Williams Attorneys PLLC care about consumer safety. We are dedicated to preparing successful Texas product liability claims for injured consumers, as well as holding the liable parties accountable for their actions.
Our Corpus Christi-based product liability lawyers represent clients located in Houston, Beaumont, Austin, Galveston, Victoria, San Antonio and other cities in Harris, Bexar, Nueces, Jefferson and Travis counties.
Act Fast! Time limits apply to filing Texas product liability claims.
If you have any questions about filing a personal injury claim, call 844-558-4529 to discuss your case and learn your options in a free evaluation.